Thursday, October 2, 2008

Been a little while, so HEYA!

Right then. Status updates, thoughts, yadda yadda.

It's been a while. I think I've found some specific "go-to" shaves that have changed a bit.

First off, Proraso is still my hands-down favorite. Green OR red tube. Also, I've tried their aftershave splash - and WOW. Incredibly soothing. Highly recommended.

Second, I'm onto feather blades permanently. They work very nicely with my superspeed - turns out that the problems I've had in the past are mostly due to technique. Now that I know what I'm doing, I can shave quickly and without irritation, and the shaves last 36 hours before looking unacceptable... which means I can shave less if I want to - leading to less irritation and whatnot.

Third, soaps: I've begun to like using some soaps in the rotation, though nothing has the slickness of Proraso's cream. QED's fresh limes is probably my favorite, but there are good things that can be said of others. Tabac, in particular, works pretty well, though the scent is... kinda old-mannish, I guess. I'm not a big fan of it, but it DOES fade immediately after the shave.

Fourth - Speick. I tried Speick shaving cream again and have decided that I like it. The scent is a bit off-putting, but it's a very soothing cream that lubes the skin wonderfully.

I'll update again when I remember to. :)

No comments: